What do you do with the information I give you when I register?
If you opt in to any of our newsletters, we also use this information to send you the newsletter.
We will use your information to personalize your experience with our services and within our communications and may recommend Common Sense content, activities, features, and products that may be of interest.
Do you give anyone my personal information?
We are not in the business of renting or selling your personal data. We do not share or disclose your personal data without your prior written consent, except as follows:
- to screen postings to ensure they aren't spam;
- to provide to our third-party vendors who assist us with operating, maintaining, and improving our services by providing us with services, such as donation processing, email delivery, information technology services, marketing Common Sense content, features, and products, and other similar services, and who receive your data for the limited purposes of providing us with such services;
- to enable social login (for adults);
- to provide credit for Digital Literacy Citizenship Training (for educators);
- to fulfill a request you have made (such as entering a promotion);
- and to comply with the law, legal process, respond to an emergency, or protect our rights.
What happens when I sign up for your newsletter?
Our newsletters are for our adult members. When you opt in for a newsletter, we will add your email address to the newsletter distribution list.
You can unsubscribe from our email newsletters by updating your subscription selection in the "My Profile" section of your account, clicking the "unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of all newsletters, or visiting commonsense.org/contact and sending this request using our online form.
You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.